Minneapolis Office of Wessels Sherman is Piling Up Victories for Our Clients in 2016
By James B. Sherman of Wessels Sherman Joerg Liszka Laverty Seneczko P.C. posted in Other on Friday, September 30, 2016.
Believe it or not, we here at Wessels Sherman are reluctant to toot our own horn the way others in our profession are known to do. However, a recent spate of victories by our Minneapolis office on behalf of some very happy clients – in arbitration, in court, and before federal and state agencies in Minnesota and Wisconsin – seems like a good excuse to brag a bit. Besides, it is impossible to keep the many kudos I’ve been getting lately from so many clients from going to my head just a little, such that I feel compelled to share with our readers a few of the recent wins our Minneapolis office has achieved with our clients.
· Prevailed in arbitration regarding a grievance over prescription drug coverage under union contract language negotiated in the wake of the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care).
· Secured the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) dismissal of race/national origin discrimination claims.
· Obtained dismissal of two separate Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR) age discrimination claims against the same employer, and when one of the cases was appealed it was affirmed by the Commissioner.
· Had previous Wisconsin Equal Rights Division (ERD) and LIRC decisions dismissing age discrimination claims, affirmed on appeal for judicial review before the La Crosse County Circuit Court.
· Won dismissal of disability discrimination claims by the EEOC, following a lengthy investigation.
Note that I say above that these wins were achieved “with,” and not “for” our clients. I say this very consciously because prevailing in court, in arbitration, or before federal and state administrative agencies such as the EEOC, MDHR, or ERD takes a team effort where we as lawyers spearhead the defense and legal strategies, but always with solid facts and evidence provided by our clients. It is truly an honor to work with great clients to prove that they’ve done nothing wrong and to win; it is why we love doing what we do!
Related Posts: New Illinois Laws in the New Year, Illinois Changing Employment Landscape, Get Ready! All Owners of Hotels and Casinos in Illinois Must Soon Protect their Employees from Sexual Assault and Harassment with Panic Button Safety Devices!, So You Have A Whistleblower